India’s exports of Ceramics & Glassware products for 2021-22 hit a record at US$ 3464 Million.
During FY 2013-14; India’s Ceramic & Glassware products exports were valued at US$ 1292 Million.
|Utility: UPSC, JPSC, BPSC Prelims & Mains
Section: Economy/ Foreign Trade
- The export growth of Ceramic tiles has been achieved because of a surge in shipments of Ceramic Tiles and Sanitary wares products.
- Today Indian Tile Industry has become a global player and earns foreign exchange for the nation with the “Make In India” approach.
- India is the World’s second-largest manufacturer of tiles.
- India exports to more than 125 countries and top destinations include Saudi Arabia, the United States, Mexico, Kuwait, and United Arab Emirates among others.
- The surge in Ceramic and Glassware products exports has been achieved because of sustained efforts on the part of the Department of Commerce.
- Also, various initiatives have been taken by CAPEXIL, by using Grant in Aid under Market Access Initiative Scheme.
- CAPEXIL, Premier Export Promotion Council, was set up in March 1958 by the Ministry of Commerce, Government of India to promote the export of Chemical and Allied Products from India.
- With the headquarters at Kolkata, and regional offices in New Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, and Chennai, CAPEXIL has more than 4500 members across the country.
- CAPEXIL is an ardent advocate of exporters to the Government and the primary focus is to provide export assistance to its member exporters.
- CAPEXIL sends trade delegations to all major and developing markets around the world and showcases Indian exports all over the world through exhibitions, fairs