Union Minister for Road Transport and Highways has said that the ministry is committed to the aim of constructing 18,000 km of NHs in 2022-23 at a record speed of 50km per day. The overall target is to develop 2 lakh Km of National Highway Network by 2025.
|Utility: UPSC, JPSC, BPSC Prelims & Mains
Section: Economy / Infrastructure / Road Infrastructure
- The ministry is developing 22 Greenfield access control expressways to reduce travel time.
- The priority is to bring down the cost of logistics to 10 percent from the current 14-16 percent of GDP.
- It is 8-10 percent in China and 12 percent in European countries.
- These infrastructure projects are well inclined with PM Modi’s Gati-Shakti National plan.
- The multi-modal connectivity will provide integrated and seamless connectivity for the movement of people, goods, and services from one mode of transport to another.